PolifrogBlog

There is no free in liberty.


.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cycling West With Luigi...

polifrog

Luigi -- CyclingWest:
I have been getting on the bicycle early every morning, I have fought the winds of Kansas and Colorado, I have climbed the Appalachians in the East, I have tamed the Rocky mountains range in the West and I am where I want to be, right in the middle of the Wild West. Yes I will need time to analyze all the inputs that my brain has been getting. Now, however, I feel my body and my brain are as one. Of course they are, I have cycled here, I have cycled almost 4000 km to get this far, I relied on my legs, my heart and my lungs. Traveling on your own fuel represents a different type of means of transportation. It is an unusual feeling. It makes you vulnerable and invincible all at once. And it makes own what you do. I feel I own this country, I own the West because I fought for every mile to get this far and I belong on the road, at least until I go back to leading an ordinary life. I won't stop and I can't stop not even if I wanted to, I just wouldn't know how. The road keeps calling me every morning with a different voice, because every morning is a different challenge and a different scenery.

Envy. The good kind.



out

No comments:

Post a Comment