PolifrogBlog

There is no free in liberty.


.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Charles Blow...Not your father's racist

..

I've said it before. Racism today is not so much an act, as it is a presumption.

On Thursday, I came here outside Dallas for a Tea Party rally.

At first I thought, “Wow! This is much more diverse than the rallies I’ve seen on television.”

Then I realized that I was looking at stadium workers. I should have figured as much when I approached the gate. The greeter had asked, “Are you working tonight?”




Charles Blow attended a Tea Party rally outside Dallas with the expectation of racism. He found, instead, a black man with a sign requesting that he not be called a racist and other minorities in the audience that he inexplicably pitied...

I found the imagery surreal and a bit sad: the minorities trying desperately to prove that they were “one of the good ones”

Was there a single act of racism pointed out in his article? None. Nada.


The only racism practiced was that of Charles Blow's presumption of it. Charles Blow's racism is made worse , though, than standard racism by his accusation of it in the face of its absence.

Charles Blow...projecting his racism on the innocent.


Update: I am not alone....RedState agrees.

Update 2:
Unknown:
“It sounds as if Blow is the one trying to convince white liberals that he is one of the ‘good ones,’ by denigrating other African Americans who don’t follow the ‘party line.’ So if there is a minstrel show in this situation, I believe Blow is the star performer.”




out

No comments:

Post a Comment