PolifrogBlog

There is no free in liberty.


.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Climategate, The End of a Pseudo Religion

Could this global warming thing really be collapsing?

The events of the past couple of weeks remind me of the collapse of the Soviet Empire, arguably another pseudo religion. With the fall of the USSR the followers of "communism" had to find a new home and fresh arguments for funneling power from the many to the few. They found their new home in the environmental movement and a new argument in Global Warming. The globalwarmists set Global Warming on the altar of settled science, the sort of settled science that requires faith and excoriated non believers who had the temerity to question their "science".

The entrenched nature of global Warming has been astounding. Watching PBS and, in particular NOVA, has become increasingly difficult. References are often made to Global Warming (now Climate Change) without question, and as a basis on which to build further knowledge. I'm left questioning the show as a whole. How do I accept any of their discussions when they so easily accept the Global Warming drivel?

Then while visiting Glacier National Park this summer I found I was disturbed by the ubiquitous references throughout the park and especially on roadside info signs to global warming effecting the shrinking glaciers in the area. Global Warming wasn't referenced as theory or a possible cause, but rather as casual unquestioned knowledge. Never mind the fact that the glaciers had been melting for the past 20,000 years; the intention was for the reader to feel at fault.

Could this global warming thing really be collapsing? Perhaps but...

I'm afraid the Globalwarmists have an edge in their pervasiveness, but I hope that Global Warming will, at the very least, be removed from the alter of settled science. I have questions and I would like those questions to get a response.



A quick roundup of climategate news from The Anchoress.... She does well what I do poorly.



Also, just because I enjoyed college lectures, and still seek them out today,( the only difference being that I can side step the drivel now) I post a lecture from a true scientist who can recognize a Salvador Dali world when he sees one. Enjoy the schadenfreude dude!



Part 1


Part 2



Part 3



part4








out

No comments:

Post a Comment