PolifrogBlog

There is no free in liberty.


.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Our Banks...The Mega Grifters

I have always had a hate--hate relationship with banks. Anger, though, is supplanting that hate at this point and not just for the banks, also our government's handling of the banking crisis. Our country's long run health would have been better served had we let the charlatans fail, but with a government that is unwilling to do what is needed, I will have to do what I can in my small way. Unfortunately I am late in doing this, but my future banking will be done through a local bank and all my future votes will be for politicians that support the failure of businesses that fail.

Matt Taibbi at Rolling Stone would like to know (as would I) the answer to a question....
The question everyone should be asking, as one bailout recipient after another posts massive profits - Goldman reported $13.4 billion in profits last year, after paying out that $16.2 billion in bonuses and compensation - is this: In an economy as horrible as ours, with every factory town between New York and Los Angeles looking like those
hollowed-out ghost ships we see on History Channel documentaries like Shipwrecks of the Great Lakes, where in the hell did Wall Street's eye-popping profits come from, exactly?
Did Goldman go from bailout city to $13.4 billion in the black because ... its "performance" was just that awesome? A year and a half after they were minutes away from bankruptcy, how are these assholes not only back on their feet again, but hauling in bonuses at the same rate they were during the bubble?"

Let failed businesses fail.

My business failed and it rightly died. I received no handouts and have redirected my energies toward more productive endeavors.

I can not see how banks should be any different.

Tea Party.




out

No comments:

Post a Comment