PolifrogBlog

There is no free in liberty.


.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Misandry is not just a word, but a reality..

h/t classicalvalues

I have a daughter and in social situations in which her girlfriends are involved, I am more comfortable when other adults are involved. I don't feel it is wise to be the sole adult chaperon with my daughter and her girlfriends.
Why?

Some years ago during a mall visit I made use of the facilities. While I was washing my hands a young boy of 7 or 8 entered the bathroom and disappeared into a stall. We were only two in the bathroom. After drying my hands I exited, nearly opening the door on the boy's mother. She had a look of near panic across her face. She was caught between fear for her child and breaking social norm by entering the men's room. I said two words to her, "He's alone." and her expression immediately fell to utter relief.
Why?

In the near future my daughter will step up her push to bring her girlfriends over for sleepovers. I am cautious of this. Even though my wife would be involved during the whole visit, I feel a reluctance. And I wonder what a friend of mine will do under similar circumstances. He is a single father of two, one of which is a girl. I am sure he will be cautious as well.
Why?

The answer to these three questions is that all men are guilty of being men and suffer from misantry.





I am not evil for being a man.






out

No comments:

Post a Comment