PolifrogBlog

There is no free in liberty.


.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Silly and Confusing




Today feels like a Saturday. My oldest son, Trey, slipped under the influence of H1N1 earlier in the week and shortly afterward the rest of my family fell ill including myself. Currently, we are cocooning for the day as we divine the extent of our illnesses. So we are all at home in our PJs in the middle of the week. In short it has become a lazy Saturday.

H1N1. Why are we naming things with number/letter combinations? At one point Acura's top model was the Legend. It had name recognition. My mom even knew what it was. Honda dropped the Legend nomenclature in favor of RL? TL? CL? I'm not sure which. Honda subsequently regretted the loss of their Acura Legend name recognition. Our Gov. dropped "Swine Flu" for "H1N1" due to some stupids culling a handful of pigs. It seemed a silly and confusing move to me.

Acura TL, H1N1, ML63AMG4WD, XC902WD. These "names" are more akin to passwords. As a kid I recall passwords being relegated to playing clubhouse. Passwords had a sense of childishness. Now I have trouble recalling which password I used where.

Whatever, It's a Saturday...sort of.




out

No comments:

Post a Comment