PolifrogBlog

There is no free in liberty.


.

Friday, November 13, 2009

The good man...

I have been quiet about Bush as I have felt somewhat mixed in regard to his legacy. I tended to run afoul Bush during his administration mostly due to my libertarian leaning sensibilities, but I find I miss him now. I miss Bush's class. I miss having a good man in the White House.

Amid the more frequent comments emanating from the media lamenting the loss of Bush comes this from the progressive Hillbuzz.org.

Excerpt:

...As we will always be grateful for what George and Laura Bush did this week, with no media attention, when they very quietly went to Ft. Hood and met personally with the families of the victims of this terrorist attack.

FOR HOURS.

The Bushes went and met privately with these families for HOURS, hugging them, holding them, comforting them.

...break...

We hope someday to be able to thank George W. and Laura in person for all they’ve done, and continue to do. They didn’t have to head to Ft. Hood. That was not their responsibility.

The Obamas should have done that.

But didn’t.

Wouldn’t.

Thank goodness George W. is still on his watch, with wonderful Laura at his side.

We are blessed as a nation to have these two out there…just as we are blessed to have the Clintons on the job, traveling the world doing the good they do.

...



I miss President Bush.






out

No comments:

Post a Comment