PolifrogBlog

There is no free in liberty.


.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Is Vigilance Paralyzed by Accusations of Paranoia?

polifrog



Peter Berger, Jewish Identity in America:

Quite a few years ago I was on a panel with a prominent American rabbi. I don’t recall what the panel was about. All I recall is a brief exchange I had with the rabbi. He said that he was telling his children that the Holocaust could happen in America. He turned to me and asked whether I thought that he was paranoid. I replied that, on the contrary, he was not paranoid enough. He could only imagine being killed because he is a Jew. Depending on circumstances, he might be killed because he is an American, or a bourgeois, or white.

We can all be subgroups in America,
Or we can all be a Americans.

Sadly, a Pollyannish thought,
amid leftist love of diversity.



Big H/T Washington Rebel



out

No comments:

Post a Comment