Lex has apparently discovered a few "facts" as he calls them:
- Intelligent Design: It’s a crock.
- Rush Limbaugh: Yeah, he’s a racist.
- Torture: Always a bad idea.
- George W. Bush should have been impeached.
- Fox “News”: Biased. (And, no, I’m not talking about people who are paid to have opinions, like Hannity and O’Reilly; I’m talking about the actual news operation.)
- Sarah Palin: idiotic, self-absorbed, paranoid and a whiner. No link needed; after 50 years on this planet, I’m perfectly capable of distinguishing these characteristics on my own. UPDATE: Aw, heck, here’s one link. ANOTHER UPDATE: Aw, heck, here’s another.
- : too many links to even begin to list them. And if you’re going to suggest that the hacked e-mail proves global warming is a “hoax,” you have to show specifically which of the 30,000+ climate-science studies have been refuted by them. Go on. I’ll wait.
- Birtherism. Hawaii has the birth certificate, and if you seriously want to argue this, you also have to argue away the birth announcement in 1961 newspapers. And, no, “time travel” is not a winning argument in this dimension.
My focus is bullet seven, anthropogenic global warming
Assuming a posture of confident arrogance in the matter of a hypothesis is a risky business (assuming it fact is stupid), yet this appears to be Lex's stance in the face of rejection of the hypothesis by the meteorological community, in the face of multiple scandals that have delegitimized leading scientific proponents of the hypothesis, and most bafflingly in the face of a hypothesis that has failed nearly all, if not all, predictions.
With ossified non journalists like Lex posing as society's questioners it is no wonder the press is no longer trusted.
Note: I am open to any and all challenge.